Trauma Informed Communication & Care
Join us for this session focused on communicating and providing care to your patients in a trauma-informed way. We will deepen our understanding of trauma and individual responses to trauma, reflect on how to incorporate the principles of trauma-informed care into your practice, and discuss how to apply those principles to the way you care for yourself as a healthcare professional.
1. Demonstrate understanding of the 6 pillars of trauma-informed practice and individual responses to trauma
2. Identify 2 concrete action steps to engage in trauma informed care with your patient population
3. Apply the principles of trauma-informed practice to the practice of caring for yourself as a healthcare professional
Target Audience: Members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team providing direct patient care and leaders of teams providing direct patient care.
- Tara Dillon, DNP©, MA, MN, RN, PHN
- Carolyn Porta, PhD, MPH, RN Associate VP for Clinical Affairs
Continuing Education: Clock Hours: 1.0
This workshop is designed to meet the continuing education requirements for the MN Board of Nursing. It is the responsibility of the nurse to determine whether these activities meet the current criteria for continuing education.
Registration Deadline: October 29, 2023 by 5 pm
All registrants will receive course information, connection details, & any materials prior to the session.
Medi-Sota Members: FREE
Non-Medi-Sota Members: $45 / Person
Cancellations must be made no later than 10 business days prior to the course. The full course fee will be charged if cancellation is made in less than 10 business days. Full refunds will be given for all classes cancelled by Medi-Sota. Registration is transferable to another person.