Please note this workshop is for In Person & Remote Participation. Please choose one when registering.
Class Description: Enable staff in outlying facilities to confidently implement/adhere to EBP guidelines for management of stroke patients as noted in improved quality metrics.
STEMI 8:30 am - 10:30 am
- Identify STEMI Patients
- EBP STEMI Guidelines
- STEMI Simulation
Stroke 10:30 am—12:30 pm
- Stroke Signs, Symptoms, Risks, & Treatment Options
- Perform NIHSS
- Thrombolytics and Admin
- Stroke Simulation
- 80% of participants will agree or strongly agree to knowledge gain to identify patients with STEMI.
- 80% of participants will agree or strongly agree to knowledge gain related to pathophysiology and treatment guidelines for acute stroke.
- 80% of participants will demonstrate the correct method for documenting and assessing NIHSS stroke scale.
- 2-3 months post activity, 80% of participants will self-report utilization of EBP guidelines in their practice when caring for Stroke and STEMI patients
Who Should Attend: RNs, LPNs, Advanced Practice RNs, Pas, Paramedics, & EMTs
Instructors: Molly Murch, MSD, RN-BC & Ryan Tellford, RN-BSN
Medi-Sota Members: Free
Non-Medi-Sota Members: $45/Person
Cancellations must be made no later than 15 business days prior to the course. The full course fee will be charged if cancellation is made in less than 15 business days. Full refunds will be given for all classes cancelled by Medi-Sota. Registration is transferable to another person.