If a career at a medical facility is of interest to you and you would like more insight into the medical billing field, this course is for you! This course will teach you the basic information to get started in the medical billing field.
There is a growing need for trained billers in the medical field. A career in medical billing comes with growing employment opportunities in a variety of settings including: hospitals, clinics, and skilled nursing facilities.
Minnesota West Community & Technical College and Medi-Sota, Inc. have partnered to develop an interactive, entry-level online course to prepare students for success, providing them the information, understanding and skills needed to get started in the medical billing career path.
This entry-level online course provides the flexibility for those students already employed and need non-traditional training opportunities to succeed OR for students that want to enter into the medical billing field. The instructor offers the opportunities to ask questions and receive guidance as needed.
The February 15, 2021 course has a registration deadline of February 8th.
For more details, click the following link to download the brochure: Brochure Link
This course provides an entry level study of health insurance plans, billing and reimbursement methodologies, and compliance approaches. Included: Payor categories, APC’s and other prospective payment systems, the revenue cycle, chargemaster, RBRV’s, regulatory guidelines, billing processes, and more.
Duration: 11-13 weeks (Estimate 5-10 hours per week)
- Please complete the registration form by clicking the following link:
- Registrants are responsible for purchasing the book & simulation lab access independently. Additional book and lab access information will be included in the registration email confirmation.
For registration questions please contact:
For billing, IT, & materials questions please contact:
MN West Community & Technical College
- You are not legally obligated to provide any of the requested information on the registration form. However, our office may have difficulty providing adequate services if we do not receive the appropriate information. This information will be kept confidential.
- Refund Policy: Cancellations must be made no later than 10 business days prior to the course. The full course fee will be charged if cancellation is made in less than 10 business days. Full refunds will be given for all classes cancelled by Minnesota West Community & Technical College. Registration is transferable to another person.
- Equal Opportunity: Minnesota West Community & Technical College is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment and education opportunity.
- Sexual Harassment: Any Customized Training Services student or staff member who believes he/she may have been harassed should report the incident to Karen Miler, Human Resources, Minnesota West Community & Technical College, 1011 First St. W., Canby MN 56220, 507-223-7252.
- Senior Citizen: Senior citizens taking course(s) through Minnesota West Community and Technical College Customized Training Services/Continuing Education will be charged according to Minnesota Statute 135A.52, which states: A senior citizen taking a closed enrollment contract training or professional continuing education courses must pay the regular tuition charge for the course and is not eligible for a free/or reduced rate.
- ADA: This document can be made available in alternative formats such as large print, Braille, or audiotape. For TTW communication, contact the Minnesota Relay Service at 1-800-627-3529 and then ask them to place a call to the campus. If you need an accommodation to enable you to fully participate in this activity, please contact the campus two weeks prior to the training for supplemental services for persons with disabilities.