The Joint Commission's requirements for pain management and the steps your staff need to take when assessing a patient's pain. This video uses familiar scenarios to demonstrate effective and compliant methods for treating and documenting pain. (HCPro)
- Explain a patient's right to receive effective, safe pain management.
- Assess the nature and intensity of a patient's pain.
- Reassess a patient's pain status.
- Describe the proper method for the prescription of effective pain control medications.
- Evaluate the patient's need for ongoing pain control.
- Demonstrate effective pain management strategies
- Identify components of appropriate pain management documentation
- Identify essential components to include when providing patient/family education concerning pain management